What to do after a Homeowner Loss
1. If a loss involves fire, flood, or another dangerous situation, make sure all family members and pets are safe and accounted for.
2. If a homeowner loss involves property damage, take practical steps to prevent further damage. Cover holes in roof, walls, doors and windows with plastic, tarps or plywood.
3. If and when you can safely do so, make a list of your home’s structural damage also take an inventory of damaged and destroyed personal property. If possible, take photographs or video of the damage
4. If the loss is caused by theft, notify the police
5. If the loss involves a credit card or bank fund transfer card, notify the credit card company or bank immediately
6. Save receipts for additional living expenses and/or temporary repairs
7. Don’t discard damaged furniture or other items as the adjuster may want to see them.
8. Contact your insurance company as soon as possible with the claim details.
9. If you need help with any of this, Please Contact Us.